Monday, May 9, 2011

Still Playing with Needles!

The last time I posted, I was working on a little green Easter bunny for our baby grandson, Miles.  I finished the knitting part, but once I started sewing, I wasn't happy with the way it was turning out - SO, I switched gears!  Instead, I crocheted him a little white chenille "bunny blanket buddy", with which I am happier -  and it's SO soft and cuddly!

Since then, I have also made my first knitted doily, thanks to designer Linda, a.k.a. "tinyknit" for a good starter pattern and encouraging words.  :)  She has STUNNING designs featured on her website, http://www.tinyknit.com/.

On impulse last weekend, I crocheted a piggy for my teen daughter's friend.  She had seen them in one of my crochet pattern books and asked if I could make her one, so I dug in my stash and a piggy was born!  Mine is bigger than the ones in the book, since I used chunky weight yarn rather than medium worsted, but I think every bit as cute.  Very quick little project, and it's always a joy to see someone appreciate something you've made.



On that note, I have also made a couple more baby hats to be sent to a NICU unit, and a little pet blanket/mat to be sent to an animal shelter in Iowa as part of the Snuggles Project



So, I've kept my fingers flying every chance I've had, and I guess I've managed to complete quite a few little projects.  Whatever will I start on next?????
  Until next time, Scamp (pictured above) and I are wishing you lots of sunshine and happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment