Saturday, March 26, 2011

New Stuff!

OK, so the yarn store trip last weekend was a bust, since they had just closed by the time we pulled into town.  However, we did find a big, wonderful antique shop to browse, and I left with 3 pairs of baby booties that had been crocheted in the 1940s!  HOW COOL IS THAT??? Very, I say.  From there we found the Hobby Lobby, where I snagged some crochet thread and hooks to try my hand at replicating the booties I had just acquired, as well as some nylon thread for future crochet tote bags (it was on sale) - OH! and 3 new sets of 5 dpns (also on sale).  Since that day, I discovered that Abilene has a Tuesday Morning discount store, and there I bought 2 wonderful knitting books and a book of crochet textures/stitches...  then on to Hastings where I bought yet another knitting book which I love, Heirloom Knits.  In the mail this week, I received a package of 25 tiny little silver hand charms that say "Hand Made" on them;  I plan to sew one on each of my handmade items that I give away or sell.  Also in the mail this week, a skein of Kollage Hope organic cotton yarn, worsted weight.  Haven't decided what it's going to become, yet, maybe a bag.  So, lots of new goodies to play with...  pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment